Daily Affirmations – The power of the “I” Statements
I have used daily affirmations for years through my little glass stone magnets. I must admit that when I first started using them, they seemed kind of silly. I would smirk when I would see or say out loud… “I am unique and amazing”. Perhaps it was because I didn’t truly believe it… although I knew I wanted to. Or perhaps because it felt really self indulgent. We are told to never think of ourselves first, and to make sure we always think of others.
As years have past, I have become more of who I was always meant to be. And one of the biggest lessons I have learned ( I still learn it over and over again bc I haven’t quite mastered it) is that the best gift you can give to those you love around you is when you are whole, strong, fulfilled and inspired.
We create our own truth. The things we believe in ultimately become the only truths for us. Making daily affirmations and repeating them is effective to develop positive outlook on life. We are essentially reprogramming our brain.. and all those little voices of doubt and fear that seem to always be lingering around.
So how to create these affirmations that empower and inspire us?
- Always construct the statements in the positive and present state. They hold more power to them.
- Use the self word ‘I’ in making daily affirmation statements. Write them in a way as if you have received your desired things from the Universe already. Give gratitude to the Universe.
- Be thankful for everything you already have. Include a feeling of gratitude in your daily affirmations.
- Make the statements precise and short. Examples of ones I love:
- I believe in miracles.
- I am amazing and unique.
- I do have time for me.
- I am brave.
- I have a special gift to share.
- I am a creative being.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- Make your statements memorable. That is why they should be short.
- Train your mind to remember your affirmations with positive vibes. Associate good visions with the statements.
- Start small and then use affirmations in all and any areas of your life. Some of mine almost become little mantras as I repeat them over and over again when I feel my mind or body going into that place of doubt or resistance.